Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Planting new seeds

Might I just add - Today's the first day of spring! :-) 

I came home from work Monday night upset and hurt about some personal stuff and I pulled into my driveway and my husband walked out and greeted me. He knew I had a confrontation or two at work and that it wasn't the best day I'd ever had. He could tell something was wrong and he and I talked as I sprayed the pollen from my car; he had JUST washed Eva this weekend. I was putting the water hose back and part of it split open and started spraying everywhere. It took me totally by surprise, especially when it took away my anger and frustration out of my heart and filled it with joy, freedom, and literally gave me a new start. Johnny and I played in the water for a little while and then we decided to try to clean up the flower bed along our sidewalk. We didn't even realize it, but we worked out in the yard for at least two hours. 
We spent time breaking up roots of things that shouldn't be there, pulling out the weeds, and removing the prickly bushes that we both despised. We were getting the soil ready to plant something new. New tiny seeds that could turn into something beautiful and wonderful. After it was ready and we added some fertilized soil to it and some bone meal; we were ready to put down what we really wanted. I planted the azaelia I got from my mom's funeral and I also planted some baby's breath and forget-me-not's.  I guess the whole thing was symbolic to me because right now, I feel like I've given God my garden and he's taking his time and removing the weeds, the pests, and will nourish me and make me flourish so I can be fruitful and can help to sustain for my family and be bountiful so I can help others.


Everyone wants to be a part of the harvest. To get to the harvest, you have to go through the rest of the process. You have to let God pull your weeds (taking extra care to get the roots), cultivate your ground, enrich your soil, and then individually plant seeds, and nourish them until they grow tall, and become big and strong enough that they can be part of the harvest and be of benefit for yourself and others.


I am where I need to be spiritually.I'm not quite where I would like to be, but I think God's keeping me where he needs me.  I am in a place where I have given control of my life to God and I'm letting him lead me. I have made a few efforts and applied to a couple of different schools with different career paths in mind that I have spoke with my pastor about and prayed about. I am waiting on an answer from God to see which path he wants me to follow.  I feel like God's leading me there, I will go.  I was worried about being able to pay for school and I spoke with Dr. Bob yesterday (my pastor) and he said "Jennifer dear - don't worry about it, because where God guides, he provides"


I came across this verse that was fitting for this stage in my life. 

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment