Saturday, February 25, 2012

Things My Mother Taught Me

******* The following I wrote and was read at my mom's funeral*******



Things my mother taught me:
  • God gave you two hands: one to offer help to those in need and one to reach out to others; do not be afraid to do either.
  • Embrace every person around you without fear, persecution or judgment but rather with love, respect, and acceptance... always
  • Every rock needs a kite and every kite needs a rock. You may be someone's rock or someone else's kite. Be strong and support others whenever possible.
  • Always be a lady and carry yourself with poise and grace but remember that its okay to let your hair down and enjoy the things that give you the most happiness. Don't sweat the small stuff
  • Laughter with the people you hold the most dear is always the best medicine
  • My mom taught me to approach everything you do with the best intentions, have faith that everything will work out for the best, and whatever you do in life, give it your everything.
  • Be like thumper, "If you can't some something nice, don't say nothing at all"

*******


My favorite quote:  Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't. Believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

*******

Chorus from my mom's favorite song:
Song: Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice


Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment